The Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute for Child & Family Development (MPSI) works to improve the development, health and well-being of infants, children, youth, and their families across the lifespan, through research, education and outreach. Our mission is to:
- Conduct research focusing on urban populations at increased risk due to community, environmental, biomedical, psychosocial and other challenges.
- Translate research into policy and practice that directly improve the lives of urban children and families.
- Promote interdisciplinary research in developmental sciences across Wayne State University – bridging schools, departments, disciplines and individuals.
- Provide challenging undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral research training in child and family development.
- Engage the community through public outreach, professional development, publications, and educational activities for the common good.
Sign Up Now For E-Newsletters you can trust.