The Woodward Corridor Early Childhood Consortium was created in October 2011 by Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute faculty and early childhood education faculty at Wayne State University’s College of Education (COE). The Woodward Corridor Consortium is a collaboration among the directors of early childhood centers in the Midtown, Downtown, and North End neighborhoods of Detroit. The Consortium also includes a number of engaged community partners who share our goal of enhancing the quality of early childhood education in Detroit and beyond.
The Woodward Corridor Early Childhood Consortium works towards this goal by:
- Establishing a collaborative network of faculty, center directors and community partners
- Promoting professional development among teachers
- Enhancing parent engagement
- Aiding implementation of “best practices” in early childhood education
- Facilitating access to resources centers need to meet their mission
For more information about the Woodward Corridor Consortium, please click here.