Since the Institutes's creation in 1920, community engagement has been a part of Merrill Palmer's mission. To learn more about how MPSI's programs and faculty engage members of Detroit's diverse community, click on the program titles below.
- Today's Healtheir Urban Families Program strengthens and expands upon the Institute's mission by providing parent training in the greater Metro-Detroit Area
- Our annual Giant Step Teen Conference brings teenagers together from diverse backgrounds to discover all the issues they have in common.
- The Woodward Cooridor Early Childhood Consortium unites nearby child care centers and preschools to improve quality child care in the city of Detroit by offering training to teachers and child care providers.
- Our faculty provide service to the community as members of advisory boards for county child and family servise organizations as well as state and national professional organizations.
MPSI faculty and staff generage and translate cutting-edge science for use by professionals, policy makers, and the community at large. Our Infant Mental Health and Healther Urban Families Programs and the Woodward Corridor offer high quality Professional Development Program, including:
- The annual Explorations in Development Conference is a two-day, themed conference held in the fall
- The Healther Urban Families half-day seminars are offered on a variety of topic of concern to professionals.
- Faculty and Staff Speakers Bureau provides customized trainings for community organizations. Our faculty are available to address a variety of topics to meet your needs.